none
Project 2007 (or higher) - usage of Hijri (Islamic) Calendar or conversion of Gregorian dates into Hijri dates RRS feed

• Question

• According to the FAQ information Project 2007 supports the Hijri Calendar (see below)

Q. What is new in Office Project Standard 2007 and Office Project Professional 2007?

A. The new Project features include:

• Budget Tracking
    • Visual Reports
    • Hijri Calendar

However, when I try to change the setting under Options and Display from Gregorian calendar to Hijri calendar, the drop down list does only offer the Gregorian calendar, there is no alternative to it. (I am using the German Project 2007 by the way.) What do I need to change to have the choice between Gregorian and Hijri calendar? 

Using Hijri dates in MS Project would be helpful, but this would the first step,only.

Ideal would be to then have a feature that would allow to show both, start/end dates in Hijri AND based on the Gregorian calendar.

Thus, my second question is how it can be achieved in MS Project to show both dates in parallel, for instance by converting entered dates automatically (ideally in both directions, from Hijri to Gregorian and vice versa, just depending on which dates was changed).

I did find older forum entries regarding a conversion tool under following link (...docstoc.com/docs/4158036/Microsoft-Project-Hijri-Calendar-Add-In), however, this seems not to be available any longer according to this forum entry:  social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1f294959-5aef-4a64-b0ef-d81c918f9a88/convert-the-gregorian-date-to-hijri-date-using-formula-custom-field?forum=projectserver2010general

So should there exist another similar tool or even an MS Project feature, that would be great.

In case respective features are not available in Project 2007 but in a later MS Project version, I would appreciate any hints to such features in higher MS Project versions, as well - maybe it would be worth to switch to a higher version.

Thanks
    Monday, December 9, 2013 1:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Walter,

I do not have Project 2007 available to test right now - but in Project 2010 (US-English installation), selecting the Hijri calendar automatically changes the date format for both the Start and Finish fields as well as modifying the timeline on the Gantt view.

However, to the best of my knowledge, there is no method of showing both the Gregorian and Hijri date formats at the same time.

Tuesday, December 10, 2013 5:25 PM