none
Internet explorer downloads slow RRS feed

• Question

• I have relatively okay internet, 30-40 download and 15-20 upload. I download games on steam at 3 mb/s, but for some reason, all browsers, but internet explorer is the fastest out of them all, download very slow. The most I download at is 300kb/s and that's when it's night time when all of my family is sleeping. Though on steam and origin even throughout the day when the net is under heavy usage (3 netflixs, me, my brother, and my father playing internet games, sister and mother on facebook constantly) at 2-3mb/s. I watched a lot of videos of some configuration thing to optimize it for download speed but came out with no luck, any help would be appreciated.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:35 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I consider if there is any 3rd part add-on or accelerate blocking IE downloading process. First, if there is any internet security application installed on your computer, please first disable it for testing.

Please open IE with no add-on to check if the issue can be fixed.

Please type this command in Run: iexplore.exe –extoff

Then, let's run Internet explorer performance troubleshooter under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories to see if there is any report.

Since this issue can be caused by corrupted user profile, please also test this issue in a new user account and let me know the results.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 31, 2015 3:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I consider if there is any 3rd part add-on or accelerate blocking IE downloading process. First, if there is any internet security application installed on your computer, please first disable it for testing.

Please open IE with no add-on to check if the issue can be fixed.

Please type this command in Run: iexplore.exe –extoff

Then, let's run Internet explorer performance troubleshooter under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Troubleshooting\All Categories to see if there is any report.

Since this issue can be caused by corrupted user profile, please also test this issue in a new user account and let me know the results.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 31, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

I just post to check the current status of your issue, please let me know what you have done with our suggestions and whether your issue has been resolved.

If there is any difficulty to perform these suggestions, please don't hesitate to post back and we are willing to help your further.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016 12:12 PM
  • I have relatively okay internet, 30-40 download and 15-20 upload. I download games on steam at 3 mb/s, but for some reason, all browsers, but internet explorer is the fastest out of them all, download very slow. The most I download at is 300kb/s and that's when it's night time when all of my family is sleeping. Though on steam and origin even throughout the day when the net is under heavy usage (3 netflixs, me, my brother, and my father playing internet games, sister and mother on facebook constantly) at 2-3mb/s. I watched a lot of videos of some configuration thing to optimize it for download speed but came out with no luck, any help would be appreciated.

FUCK MSN
    Tuesday, January 5, 2016 2:31 PM