none
I cannot log in to a website RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having trouble logging in to the UHRS Web in IE11.
    I have to sign in with my WLID. I can remember it perfectly, still I have been unable to log in to the UHRS Web since 9/24, when I was suddenly disconnected.
    There is no specific error.
    I just go to the UHRS Web Entry Link.
    I click on "Sign in with LiveID". Then I see the window where I usually enter my username (Microsoft account) and password. I enter them as usual, there is no message about the incorrect WLID or password, which happens when you enter the wrong ones. After that I click on "Sign in". This small window then disappears and nothing else happens, I stay where I have been and do not log in as usual.
    The interesting fact is that everything is OK in IE11 (the same version) on my husband's computer. I log in without any problems.
    On my computer, I have the latest IE version (IE 11). My antivirus program is OK. I have tried to scan my computer for viruses and spyware with different programs. No result. I still have difficulty logging in to the UHRS. It is the first time I have had such a problem since January.

I have tried all the steps suggested by the technical support team including clearing the application cache and disabling all the add-ons.

The problem seems to be in the browser or antivirus settings though I have not changed them myself in any way.

Is there anything I can do about it?

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:16 PM

All replies

• Hello  ,

Can you have look at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie10-windows_8/cannot-login-to-uhrs-on-windows-8-ie-10/7fda95f6-23ec-43ca-bdb6-7b9801a52d79 and http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/967897

Also, may I know whether this problem occurs only in IE or in all browser ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 2:24 PM
  • Thank you for the links. I have tried all the steps described including re-syncing system time, which I had done even before I posted my question here. The problem remains. I still cannot log in to UHRS.

The problem occurs only in IE on my computer. In Chrome or in IE on my husband's computer (we are both using IE 11) there is no such issue.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:30 PM
  • Thank you for the links. I have tried all the steps described including re-syncing system time, which I had done even before I posted my question here. The problem remains. I still cannot log in to UHRS.

The problem occurs only in IE on my computer. In Chrome or in IE on my husband's computer (we are both using IE 11) there is no such issue.

Well, in that case. Try this:-

Go to: www.live.com and log out if you are signed in to your UHRS cw-email adress. (Do NOT save your UHRS password, otherwise you have to do this everytime.) Log in to your UHRS account again.

If still not, then try this:-

Please seeWhat to do when Internet Explorer isn't working.

See: "How to Reset Internet Explorer settings".

If the issue persists...

1. Please download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner tool (freeware).
    2. Reboot your PC.
    3. Please download and update Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free
    4. Reboot Windows in Safe Mode and run a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

If still no joy...

5. Download and Run AdwCleanerRogueKiller and Junkware Removal Tool (Freeware)
    . Reboot and Test.

If still same then can you tell me from when it started happening ? Like which thing did you installed/modified last time from when this problem started ?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:16 PM
  • cf. link

cf. link

Thank you for your reply. The links are for the right site, but it is not down. It works all right as I have just been able to log in in IE11 on my husband's computer and I can also log in in Chrome on my own one.

It just cannot be accessed by everyone. Your WLID has to be known to the technical support team and they update the UHRS to it to grant you access to the tool.

Friday, October 10, 2014 3:15 AM
  • Thank you for the suggestions.

I have tried all the steps suggested here: https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/813444/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0 but nothing worked.

Now I'm going to try the malware removal tools you have mentioned.

Friday, October 10, 2014 3:21 AM
  • The interesting fact is that everything is OK in IE11 (the same version) on my husband's computer. I log in without any problems.

Then you have two cases that you can trace to compare the traces for their essential differences.  Use the Developer Tools, Network capture tool (F12, Ctrl-4, F5).  Pay particular attention to the User-Agent string being sent in the request header because a possible workaround would be using Compatibility view which would change the UAS to one for IE7 operating in Quirks mode.

Trace also the examples that PA Bear gave you because they both show as being down for me too.  Oh.  It's a private site.  I'm getting a 403.  Access Forbidden.  So, it looks like you should be looking for either an authentication problem based either on Cookies or the IP address that you are using.  FWIW I had never been there before so had no Cookies.  I got rid of the Refer and changed the UAS to IE8 (so HTML 4.0 not 5.) and still got rejected.

Check your husband's page to see if there is a link there for support for the site.  The 405 response gives no such clue.

I was able to get to the login page referred to in the thread that Fahadking07 pointed you to

https://prod.uhrs.playmsn.com/Judge/Views/LogIn 

But there is a popup window when I try to use the Sign in with LiveID button.  I was still hoping to find a Help link.  So that suggests another possibility depending on what you are seeing, doing and what is happening.  E.g. pop ups could be blocked and preventing you from seeing such implementation by the site.  Again, I would try to find a support link to use to find out what they know about the implementation and what could be wrong in your case. 

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Edit:  I just re-read your OP and see that you do get the popup.  Then that narrows it down to authentication, including the protocols involved with that.  One afterthought I had on this tack was to look in Credential Manager to see if there is a difference there and also to check on Options, Advanced tab, Security section for differences there, in particular what encryption protocols are enabled for negotiation.
    Friday, October 10, 2014 5:04 PM
    Answerer
  • Always state your Internet Explorer version as well as your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista 32-bit SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7 32-bit; Win7 64-bit SP1; Win8 32-bit; Win8.1 Preview 64-bit; Win RT 8.1; Win8.1 64-bit; Surface Pro; Surface 2; Surface Pro 3) when posting in a forum.  Please do so in your next reply.

What's the full name of your currently-installed anti-virus application or security suite and when (exact date, preferably) does your current subscription expire?

Has a(nother) Norton application and/or a McAfee application ever been installed on the computer since you bought it?

Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used/activated it.)

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Friday, October 10, 2014 5:11 PM
  • Hello everyone,

Thank you for your time and advice.

I have solved the problem (my husband has, in fact). I took all the steps suggested here but nothing worked.

We uninstalled the OS completely, then reinstalled it. And now everything is OK.

My Windows version is Win7 32-bit. My Internet Explorer version is 11.0.9600.17280.

My anti-virus application is Dr. Web Security Space version 9.1.

Neither a Norton application nor a McAfee application has ever been installed on my computer since I bought it. The same concerns the preinstalled free-trials of these programs.

And lastly, when I compared the IE settings (including Options, Advanced tab, Security section) on my husband's computer and mine, they were exactly the same.

So, as a matter of fact, I still do not know what was the matter.

Monday, October 13, 2014 1:45 AM
  • Hi lrina_K,

Thank you for your sharing and update.

If any further questions we could help, please feel free to ask in TechNet.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 13, 2014 3:22 AM
  • <QP>
    Dr.WEB can be installed on the already infected machine and can cure infected system without additional utilities.
    </QP>
    Source: www.drweb.com

YMMV.

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-Windows Client since 2002 Disclaimer: MS MVPs neither represent nor work for Microsoft

Monday, October 13, 2014 6:31 PM
  • Hello,

Nice to hear that your problem got solved. But I think formatting PC isn't a solution of problem. Its just like a new starting. Because if in future if you face same problem again then surely you will have no way other then formatting your PC. Anyways, I hope you will not face this problem again! If so, feel free to ask here again. I will try my best to bring some useful answer next time :)

Thursday, October 16, 2014 3:30 PM