none
Edit a task like a new task Office 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello fellow SharePoint users,

I am having some trouble with my Custom-Made Help Desk within SharePoint. I am using a custom InfoPath Form and Custom Workflows to work up new Tickets. One of the controlls I added(in a worflow) is 'Assign a Task' to a technician when a new item is created. My goal is to edit the task within the task list. Like changing the priority, due date, progress etc. I want to do this manually.

The problem is that I cannot do this because I don't have all these options when I try to edit an assigned task.  When I create a new task(manually) I have all the options to do so BUT when I try to edit an already existing task I cannot do that. 

I have added two print screens to make myself clear.

Summarized: How to get all the edit task options to edit an existing task.

Kind regards,

Stein Hoek

PS Print screens are from a Dutch version of Office 365

I solved it myself. 

Solution: 

Go to your Task List>List Settings>Settings for Form> choose your WorflowTask in the drop down box(on the right side). Enable option: "Use standard SharePoint form.

I hope it helps for some people or maybe I was the only one having this problem ^^ 

• Edited by SteinHoek Friday, August 10, 2012 10:44 AM
    Friday, August 10, 2012 9:51 AM

Answers

• Solution:

Go to your Task List>List Settings>Settings for Form> choose your WorflowTask in the drop down box(on the right side). Enable option: "Use standard SharePoint form.

I hope it helps for some people or maybe I was the only one having this problem ^^

Hi SteinHoek,

I'm glad you have solved the problem .You should paste the anwser as a reply to this question so that I can mark this question as solved.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 13, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Solution:

• Marked as answer by SteinHoek Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:41 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:41 PM

All replies

• Solution:

Hi SteinHoek,

I'm glad you have solved the problem .You should paste the anwser as a reply to this question so that I can mark this question as solved.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 13, 2012 5:26 AM
  • Solution:

• Marked as answer by SteinHoek Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:41 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:41 PM