none
Outlook 2013/Exchange2013 - error 0x80190194 while downloading OAB

Question

• Hi,

I am experiencing issue with outlook client. When I tryung to update address book (through end/Recieve tab > Send/Receive Groups > Download Address Book) I'm receiveing message "Task xxxx@domain.com reported error (0x80190194): The operation failed."  In application event viewer I can see then error "OAB Download Failed. (Result code in event data)" with event Id 27.

I checked OAB generation process on Exchange server (succeeded with event id 17001 and 17002), access from client via browser to https://doamin.com/OAB/34ffb1db-5d8e-4e8c-8436-167490fa2552/oab.xml which is hosted on Ex2013 (after entered domain credentials XML file was opened), test-outlokwebservices and everything looks good.

Current environment is:
    Server: Exchange 2013 and 2007 (in migration state).
    Client: Outlook 2013

I have already migrated all mailboxes to Ex2013, and assigned new OAB to Ex2013 databases.

Where should I look ?

Mac

Friday, June 8, 2018 9:46 AM

All replies

• I have changed the thread type to Question because you are asking one.

Does this help?

http://www.it.ltsoy.com/exchange/users-cannot-update-oab-error-0x80190194/

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Friday, June 8, 2018 3:45 PM
  • Thanks for the hint, but I don't want to mess inside ADSI especially when OAB generation process on Exchange server is correct, without any errors (I checked OAB generation process on Exchange server (succeeded with event id 17001 and 17002)".

I checked entries inside ADIS edit and they all look good (without any 0ACNF:<GUID strings). 

Mac

Monday, June 11, 2018 5:13 AM
  • Hi Mac,

Does this issue occur on all clients?
    How about new a OAB and assign it to test account?

Based on your description, the OAB generation and update successful, also your account has ability to access this OAB file.
    By the way, please navigate to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\FrontEnd\HttpProxy\OAB" on Exchange 2013 CAS server, check the permission of web.config and ensure "Authenticated Users" has Read permission.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 11, 2018 7:43 AM
  • Hi Allen,

Yes, all users are experiencing the same issue with OAB.

I can confirm that pointed file has proper rights.

If I'm not find today any solution I will creat new OAB and will let you know the result.

Monday, June 11, 2018 8:15 AM
  • Any update now? Do you re-create OAB and check?

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:09 AM
  • Sorry for late update but I was couple day off.

By creating new OAB I was able to get rid off 0x80490494 error. However into OAB I assigned only 1 address list, because if I added all existing address lists (All groups, Contacts etc.), then same error showed up, so I think that there is something wrong with address lists. All Address lists were created in Ex2007 in PowerShell.

Now I will be adding one by one and will check which address list is somehow corrupted and if necessary I will create new one.

Mac

Monday, June 18, 2018 5:23 AM
  • Hi,

Any further help we can do for you?
    If it's solved, would you please post the solution here to share it with us?

Also, please free to mark the useful reply as answer. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Monday, June 25, 2018 6:21 AM
  • Hi,

Sorry to interrupt your again.
    I just want to check the current status of your question.
    Is there any update or any other assistance I could provide on this issue? 

Please feel free to mark responses as the answer and/or vote them helpful as appropriate.
    Thank you for your understanding and patience! 

Best Regards,
    Allen Wang

Monday, July 2, 2018 1:59 AM