none
PWA View Sorting Multiple Columns RRS feed

• Question

• When creating a view in PWA, I cannot sort multiple columns. Does anyone know how to do this?
    Wednesday, July 3, 2013 6:09 PM

All replies

• I don't think it is possible.  A workaround, if you know which fields you want to sort on, and in which order:  Create an Enterprise Custom field with a formula that concatenates the fields on which you want to sort.  Then sort on that new field in  PWA.

Reid McTaggart – DeltaBahn Vice President
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can help other community members reading the thread.

• Proposed as answer by Ian Bruckner Friday, June 26, 2015 5:42 PM
    Friday, July 5, 2013 6:05 PM
  • Is this still the answer? If SharePoint allows sorting on multiple columns, why doesn't project online?

Ian

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 4:51 PM
  • Have you considered using grouping to facilitate the sort? Yes, it changes the view, but it is the closest thing that I can think of out of the box.

Mark M Webster

Thursday, June 4, 2015 2:37 PM
  • Considered, yes. However, a couple of downsides come with that... bigger timesheets because of extra rows that come with grouping = more scrolling. Also, Ideally I'd like to sort on project then WBS #, but if I group on Project, I and sort on WBS, the project name displays twice, once on the grouping, and once in the columns because it's a field that you apparently are not allowed to not display.

Ian

Monday, June 8, 2015 1:20 PM
  • I decided to give up, group on project and sort on WBS or Outline number... then gave up again... It's not even sorting those numbers properly... going 10,11,12,2,3,4... sorting the first digit, then the second digit, rather than the number as a number.

Ian

Friday, June 12, 2015 1:54 PM
  • Did you try sorting by TaskIndex instead?

Mark M Webster

Wednesday, September 16, 2015 3:42 PM
  • Task Index is not an available field when configuring the timesheet view.

Ian

Thursday, September 17, 2015 1:43 PM