mail-enable groups exchange 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello , 
    environment exchange 2003
    please I need help with getting list of the all mail enable groups in the environment  , with members and memberof and manager and nested groups ,, but the members should return by their alias or smtp address "not DN "and memberof should return by name "not DN" same for manager , and also the nested groups by name 
    please if someone have some script VB or powershell or have hints how to write this script , 
    I tried obvious ways like csvde / quest cmdlets (get-qadgroup /get-qadgroupmembers , etc) but I couldn't put them in proper script :-(  
    Thanks in advance 
    Friday, December 14, 2012 11:43 AM

All replies

• It's definitely scriptable but it isn't easy because it will require recursion and checking for loops, such is where group A is a member of group B, which is a member of Group C, which is a member of group A.  I've written such scripts before but they aren't something that I'm able to share, sorry.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by wendy_liu Friday, December 21, 2012 1:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by wendy_liu Monday, December 24, 2012 1:49 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by X-Changer Monday, December 24, 2012 7:31 AM
    Monday, December 17, 2012 2:34 AM
  • Hi ,

Maybe the following similar case will  help you, it will show the distribution group list and members.

Powershell command to list all distribution groups and members of those groups.<//span>

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-SG/exchangesvradminlegacy/thread/63ad55d1-1393-4533-8065-1d7cbd8657fa

Wendy Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:41 AM