I have been using sccm for a while now and this issue just popped up, I have no idea what the cause is or where to look for a solution. I set up a deployment on Tuesday for patching right after MS released patches for september, and the next day patched our test systems, everything went fine, we patch our prod systems on Sundays when there are less people using them. On Sunday morning I came in and I couldn't for the life of me get a single sccm notification for our manually patched servers. I couldn't get any notifications after restarting the SMS Agent Host service, creating new deployments, nothing that usually works, can someone please point me in a direction so I can figure out what the actual issue is? BTW, there seems to be something up with the forums and I can't change the posting from Generl to Software Updates. So I realize that this post is somewhat in the wrong area but I can't do much about it. Thanks
- Moved by Stan White [MSFT]Microsoft employee, Moderator Monday, September 20, 2010 1:47 PM (From:Configuration Manager General)
It may be worth looking at some of the log files for Software Updates:- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb693878.aspx This might help determine if the software updates are actually reaching the client, but just not displaying the notifications, or whether the updates simply aren't getting there.
There could be a number of reasons why you don't get the updates, e.g.
1. Changes made to the boundaries of the clients.
2. Services being disabled.
3. GPOs overriding the SCCM SUP settings on the clients.
The WUAHandler and Updateshandler logs are both clean, so I know it's not a GPO overriding it, the smsagent host and all the other services seem to be up on the clients, another thing that may be helpful to know that I forgot to mention is that all of our automatic reboot servers in our collection patched just fine, the only ones we had issues with were the manual ones. None of the templates have been changed and we set them all up the same way. So I am sure you can understand my frustration when some of them work and others don't apparently for no reason. Thanks for the reply, I have a feeling this is going to be an unusual issue.