Bi-Directional Communication not working on Lexmark 705 Prevail - Windows 7 error RRS feed

• Question

• I am able to print, but can not fax, scan, check ink levels, etc.  This means the bi-directional communication is only working in one direction.  I have Windows 7 64 bit operating system, Lexmark 705 Prevail Pro printer.  I have Microsoft Security Essentials for my anti-virus - uninstalled that and it did not fix problem.   They have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer multiple times - that did not work.  It worked previously prior to a recent total reinstall.  I have spent 3 hours with Lexmark support who has tried everything they could and have narrowed the problem down to the lxeelscn.exe file will not load, something to do with the Microsoft Antimalware configuration.  They added this file in the approved list, this did not help.  I am not a tech person, and am desperate to find a solution.  Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I suggest you try the following:

1. To check whether this issue is related to this printer, try to use another printer to test the issue

2. Reinstall the printer driver

3. Test this printer with another Windows 7 computer to check the result.

In addition, you can keep working with their support to find the root cause.

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, November 5, 2012 7:58 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:40 AM