none
Team Member Unable to See Project in Project Center RRS feed

• Question

• One Team Member cannot see a project listed in the view in the project center. She is a team member on the project. Also she sees other projects without issue in the same view ... both ones she is on and not on.

Yet I see the project in question in the view ... 

Any thoughts on where I should look to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    John

Thursday, March 2, 2017 2:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

if she is a team member, she should be able to see both, I agree. Just a few ideas:

• is the project she is missing a sub project? if so, enable check box to display sub projects
    • are there any filters appliedbe her to that view?
    • is project displayed for other users in the same view?

Can you check permissions for this specific project: PWA Settings - Manager Users. Select het name and click on "Check Effective Rights". Select "Category Permissions - Project" or Permission Type. Select the project and check, that permission is enabled for "Permission: View Project Summary in Project Center" at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

if she is a team member, she should be able to see both, I agree. Just a few ideas:

• is the project she is missing a sub project? if so, enable check box to display sub projects
    • are there any filters appliedbe her to that view?
    • is project displayed for other users in the same view?

Can you check permissions for this specific project: PWA Settings - Manager Users. Select het name and click on "Check Effective Rights". Select "Category Permissions - Project" or Permission Type. Select the project and check, that permission is enabled for "Permission: View Project Summary in Project Center" at the bottom of the page.

Hope that helps?
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Thursday, March 2, 2017 3:13 PM
  • Barbara,

Thanks!!!!!!

When I checked her effective rights on that project, it was unspecified. I found that the PM had assigned the resources BUT as a local resource by typing in her name. So while she looked like a team member she was not.

When I went to the project to replace the LOCAL her with the ENTERPRISE her, I got this message ...
    Resource Mishra  Karyn has actuals reported.  They will remain on the team but their remaining work will be reassigned to resource "Mishra; Karyn".

Questions:
    1) I do not understand how a local resource could enter actuals.
    2) Does the message mean that the actual work done/progress so far will continue to be reflected in the project and the remaining work assignment will be reassigned?

Thanks,
    John

Friday, March 3, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Hi,

not sure about the current status. Did you cancel the replacement? This would be the easiest solution. If there is only one assignment (the one for local resource) and you don't "replace" but overwrite the wrong name, you should be asked if local resource is the same as Enterprise Resource name. You can confirm and will have only one assignment afterwards with correct Enterprise Resource name.

For your question 1: I can only imagine, that PM entered some progress, e.g. by setting %complete to same value manually? This will copy part of work as Actual work.

For question 2: If you have completed replacement and saved: yes, actual work will be kept on local resource and only remaining work to new assignment for Enterprise Resource. Since actual work is there for a local resource, ou should be save to delete this assignment and ask Enterpries Resource to correct values accordingly.

Does that work or are there still any issues?
    Regards
    Barbara

Saturday, March 4, 2017 3:30 PM