0x80073712 when sequencing plug-in after expanding primary package RRS feed

• Question

• I found this in the App-V 4.6 SP1 release notes (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg507623.aspx), which describes my problem exactly. I even get the same error code:

-----

After expanding the parent package, you cannot sequence a plug-in with side by side components

When you expand a parent package by using Tools / Expand Package to Local System in the App-V Sequencer console and you sequence a plug-in with side by side components, an installation error is returned. For example:

• HRESULT 0x80073712 

This is caused when the sequencer writes the side-by-side component to the registry but does not clear the value for the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\StoreDirty

WORKAROUND After expanding the parent package on the computer that is running the sequencer, you have to delete the value for the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\StoreDirty

After you have deleted the value, sequence the plug-in.

-----

Unfortunately I can't find this registry value. There is no COMPONENTS key under HKLM. I ran regedit under an elevated command prompt.

In my searching I keep finding references to this being offered as a solution and the key not existing...most in reference to Windows update. Does anyone know where the COMPONENTS key really is, or how to display it in regedit?

Friday, July 22, 2011 3:52 PM

Answers

• I guess I just answered by own question. From Registry Editor I had to:

1. Select HKLM

2. Select File -> Load Hive

3. Open C:\Windows\system32\config\COMPONENTS

4. Enter COMPONENTS when prompted for the key name.

All I had to do was delete StoreDirty, then sequence as normal.

Hopefully this will save someone else some time :-)

Friday, July 22, 2011 7:01 PM