Protection Stub Error when trying to install/run Rise of Legends RRS feed

• Question

• I'm on RC1 and trying to run Rise of Legends, its not that getting the game to run is the biggest issue I'm more interested in finding out what the heck Protection Stub error means and how does one figure out how to work around it.  I can't even find a good post online! 

Second question since I'm new to this forum, I'd love to use a windows based forum for my online community and not the typical PHP forums running around, anyone know who hosts a windows forum like this that I can buy into??

Thursday, October 5, 2006 3:51 PM

All replies

• i am having issues attempting to download the updates for Rise of Legends.  I get to 99% then it pops up with a compatability error.  Also the game works.  But freezes after about 30 minutes of play. 

the error i get is INVALID PATCH       RETAIL-0604.1602.0604-2001.RTP

I am running RC1.

any suggestions?

i have a centrino Duo

nvidia go 7900 GTX

Sunday, November 26, 2006 3:56 PM
  • I have the same problem...

Totally new machine with Vista, and extra RAM, graphic card etc etc. But a lot of my old programs don't work.

Protection Stub - what is it ?

How can I disable it ?

Anyone out there with an answer on the Protection Stub error means ???

Why can't I run a Microsoft Game on Vista ? It's a Microsoft OS ???

But the worst is still to come:  I can't play my good old CoD 2 multiplayer. That's a BIG disappointment

Microsoft - get your act together !

Thursday, September 13, 2007 12:07 PM
  • I get a similar problem but I just get to 42%  then INVALID PATCH       RETAIL-0608.901.0002-0610.1601.0000.RTP

Anyone know how to fix this, I cant get past the first battle of the third part of the campaign

Dan

Sunday, April 6, 2008 2:33 AM
  • i have same problem in windows 7.
    486~C2D user
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 12:17 PM