none
Projects missing from PWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I started a project online in Project Web Apps (PWA) and then switched to Project Professional on the desktop. Whilst on the desktop I created several new projects and saved them to the same location as the first (apparently within PWA) however when I log into PWA only the first project shows. Within project pro on the desktop I am able to open the PWA directory and see all projects - why can I view all projects online through PWA?

Thanks,

Max

Monday, September 11, 2017 1:02 PM

Answers

• Hi Maywell,

if you create a project using Project Professional, you need an additional step to make it visible in Project Center. Please publish your projects (File - Publish).

In both UIs, saved changes are only displayed when opening the project plan in editing mode. Published changes are also diplayed when opening a project plan in display mode.

But for an initial creation, there is a difference: When starting in browser, your new project is automatically published. This is necessary, to be available in browser immediately, if you are only using browser. But when creating a project in client, there is a clinet available to find project back. So this initial publish is left to the user. And this initial publish makes your project available in Project center in PWA and is missing in your case.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Maxwell.1 Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:46 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thank you very much for the swift reply - this has indeed allowed me to access my project online.

Do you also know how to delete projects without publishing them? Without using project professional, where would I find a list of all unpublished projects? Time to have a cleanup I think!

Thanks again,

Max

EDIT: I found the answer here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg702650.aspx
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Maywell,

if you create a project using Project Professional, you need an additional step to make it visible in Project Center. Please publish your projects (File - Publish).

In both UIs, saved changes are only displayed when opening the project plan in editing mode. Published changes are also diplayed when opening a project plan in display mode.

But for an initial creation, there is a difference: When starting in browser, your new project is automatically published. This is necessary, to be available in browser immediately, if you are only using browser. But when creating a project in client, there is a clinet available to find project back. So this initial publish is left to the user. And this initial publish makes your project available in Project center in PWA and is missing in your case.

Does that help?
    Barbara

• Marked as answer by Maxwell.1 Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:46 AM
    Monday, September 11, 2017 1:42 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

Thank you very much for the swift reply - this has indeed allowed me to access my project online.

Do you also know how to delete projects without publishing them? Without using project professional, where would I find a list of all unpublished projects? Time to have a cleanup I think!

Thanks again,

Max

EDIT: I found the answer here: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg702650.aspx
    Tuesday, September 12, 2017 8:26 AM