Outlook Archiving option disappears. RRS feed

• Question

• I'm seeing on a few machines with Office Standard 2010 installed in which all options for archiving is missing. The work around is to close Outlook and simply reopen it. Then all the archiving settings reappear.

These users do not have online archiving enabled and I don't have any GPOs or any kinds of rules set to disable this from the server side.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,

George Jackson
    Network Admin

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 4:10 PM

All replies

• Hi George,

Do you mean the AutoArchive option for each folder or the manual archive option under File menu?

Have you checked whether the users have the latest update installed for their Outlook?

In addition, we may also try to repair the Office installation for these users and then see if this issue will happen again. For your convenience:

https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Repair-an-Office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, March 10, 2017 9:36 AM
    Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:50 AM
  • I mean anywhere that has to do with archiving would be gone. As for the updates, the machines that are having the issue may be a little behind, but some of our machines are up to par and some are not, but no more then 6-8 months behind...but the machines with the issues are here or there.  I can't seem to find a pattern on why the machines that are experiencing this issue is doing it.

This is the only issue these office installs are having.  Currently the last machine that I noticed with this issue has not reoccured the issue.  I'll do the updates and maybe a repair once the issue is noticed again.

Thank you,

George Jackson

Monday, March 13, 2017 1:08 PM
  • Thank you for the update George. It's always recommended to keep the software updated which will fix several issues.

I'd appreciate it if you could let us know the result at your most convenient time after trying a repair when this issue happens again.

Thanks,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 9:56 AM
  • OK, I understand the need for making sure everything is up to date, but has there actually been an update that mentions my issue or an issue even similar to mine?  Can anyone say for sure?  Most of the computers in the enterprise are not up to date and we are only experiencing this issue on a hand full of machines.  Like I said, I'll do the updates, but I'm skeptical because I haven't seen any KB articles that fix this issue.

THanks,

George

• Edited by G. Jackson Wednesday, March 15, 2017 2:55 PM
    Tuesday, March 14, 2017 2:06 PM
  • George, updates is not the fix for every issues. Whereas the problem you have is not a regular issue, it's possible that updates may fix the issue if you are lucky. Anyway, its not bad to keep a software updated.

David

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 8:49 AM