none
Get back times booked on the Time Sheet in MS Project Client RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a small problem with our MS-Project Infrastructure:

The Project team members are reporting their efforts they had with the Timesheet. These results are inside the Database of the Project Server, so I can query them direct from the database.

Using the MS Project Client, I don't get any of these feedbacks back about consumed time. There I can see only the planned values of duration and effort I entered before but nothing of the feedback from the team.

Does anybody else have this problem? Is this a general problem of the Project Server or simply a problem of my installation here?

Thank you very much!

Used Systems: Project Server 2013 and MS Project Client 2013

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:32 AM

Answers

• Hi Christian,

when setting %Complete to 100, remaining work will be set as actual work. But if you set remaining work to 0, should not change any actual work, but set %Complete to 100 (at least for assignment). Can you please re-check?

A resource can also reduce this in timesheet if you add column to timesheet.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You need to enable Single Entry Mode in Server Settings - Timesheet Seetings an Defaults. Whithout Single Entry Mode, Actual Work is only kept in timesheets, without being directly linked to assignments in project plans.

This will cause the system to submit Status Updates to project/status managers when submitting timesheets. After PM approved them in Approval Center, actual work will be reflected in project plans.

For existing timesheets, ask your team members submit progress for all tasks. See also Best practices for submitting and reporting on actual work. It was written for 2010, but is still valid.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 8:49 AM
  • Hello Barbara,

thank you very much! Now it's working. :-)

But now I have a different Problem: If I have a task with 8 hours work. The User has booked 6h which is shown in the Actual work. But as soon as the user or I try to get the % Work Completed to 100 % or the remaning work to 0h, it increases by it's own the Actual Work to the pre-planned value of 8h. 

Can anybody tell me, where my mistake is?

Thank you very much!

Best Regards

Christian

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 11:36 AM
  • Hi Christian,

when setting %Complete to 100, remaining work will be set as actual work. But if you set remaining work to 0, should not change any actual work, but set %Complete to 100 (at least for assignment). Can you please re-check?

A resource can also reduce this in timesheet if you add column to timesheet.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:07 PM
  • Hi Barbara,

yes, it is working like you told. Now my problems are solved. :-)

Thank you very much for your support!

Best Regards

Christian

Thursday, May 18, 2017 9:18 AM