none
Cannot get to my BIO

Question

• Hello I hope you are having a good day.

My 60 GB SSD drive was becoming memory restrictive ( a few years old)  so I decided to upgrade to a new 500 gb SSD drive. My plan was to install windows 7 to a buitable usb drive and then install the new SSD drive then install windows. However I cannot access my current windows 10 demo bios.

I have tried shift +shutdown and then get a perpetual shutting down screen. I have tried hitting different combinations of f1, f2, del, f10 and f12 as the computer boots up. I have also tried turning off fast startup but I don't see that option.

I would like to install a news windows 7 onto my new ssd drive however I cannot seem to access the windows bios to begin this process!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:26 PM

Answers

• My 60 GB SSD drive was becoming memory restrictive ( a few years old)  so I decided to upgrade to a new 500 gb SSD drive. My plan was to install windows 7 to a buitable usb drive and then install the new SSD drive then install windows. However I cannot access my current windows 10 demo bios.

I have tried shift +shutdown and then get a perpetual shutting down screen. I have tried hitting different combinations of f1, f2, del, f10 and f12 as the computer boots up. I have also tried turning off fast startup but I don't see that option.

I would like to install a news windows 7 onto my new ssd drive however I cannot seem to access the windows bios to begin this process!

to access the firmware settings/setup of your device, you need to follow the steps according to your device (mainboard) manufacturer.
    most device (mainboard) manufacturers will have documents, manuals or support articles published on the manufacturer website.

firmware settings/setup, are not a part of Windows - they are hardware-specific to that hardware device (mainboard) manufacturer.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:54 PM

All replies

• As your PC initially boots up, rapidly hit your Delete key.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 7:59 PM
  • My 60 GB SSD drive was becoming memory restrictive ( a few years old)  so I decided to upgrade to a new 500 gb SSD drive. My plan was to install windows 7 to a buitable usb drive and then install the new SSD drive then install windows. However I cannot access my current windows 10 demo bios.

to access the firmware settings/setup of your device, you need to follow the steps according to your device (mainboard) manufacturer.
    most device (mainboard) manufacturers will have documents, manuals or support articles published on the manufacturer website.

firmware settings/setup, are not a part of Windows - they are hardware-specific to that hardware device (mainboard) manufacturer.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Wednesday, March 1, 2017 8:54 PM