none
Can we set the AD user's password last Reset date to today's date without letting user to know about it.

Question

• Hello Every one,

Can we set the user Password last reset date to today's date from Active Directory without letting the users to know about it.Is any specific policy is there for it.

Thank you!

Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:05 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Yes you can do this by going to each user's Property:-

Step 1:
    Open Active Directory Users and Computers and select “Advanced Features“ under “View” tab.
    Step 2:
    Navigate to the Users account and select its properties.

Step 3: Click the “Attribute Editor” tab.

Step 4: Scroll attribute values and select pwdLastSet field. Modify it by entering 0 (zero) in the
    value field. Click OK. This sets the value to (Never) as in the password has never been set. Click
    OK on the User Account Properties box.

This is how you can achieve this task.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Regards.

H.shakir

• Marked as answer by Sahi shah Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:28 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:37 AM
  • Thank you Sir it has worked but in the last step after setting the Value to 0 i just Click Apply and then again Set the Value to  -1 then it worked out for me. By simply setting to 0 it only set the password value to "never set" but when you put the -1 value there it will set it  to  the current AD date.

• Edited by Sahi shah Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sahi shah Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:44 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:32 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Yes you can do this by going to each user's Property:-

Step 1:
    Open Active Directory Users and Computers and select “Advanced Features“ under “View” tab.
    Step 2:
    Navigate to the Users account and select its properties.

Step 3: Click the “Attribute Editor” tab.

Step 4: Scroll attribute values and select pwdLastSet field. Modify it by entering 0 (zero) in the
    value field. Click OK. This sets the value to (Never) as in the password has never been set. Click
    OK on the User Account Properties box.

This is how you can achieve this task.

Kindly click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Regards.

H.shakir

• Marked as answer by Sahi shah Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:28 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 6:37 AM
  • Thank you Sir it has worked but in the last step after setting the Value to 0 i just Click Apply and then again Set the Value to  -1 then it worked out for me. By simply setting to 0 it only set the password value to "never set" but when you put the -1 value there it will set it  to  the current AD date.

• Edited by Sahi shah Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sahi shah Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:44 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 7:32 AM