Can't send emails with attachments. RRS feed

• Question

• I just removed my exchange 2010 server, consolidated my databases on exchange 2016 into one database, removed all other databases, Now I can only send email as long as they don't contain a attachment. when I try I get a delivery failure.

Remote Server returned '554 5.6.0 An unexpected error was encountered during
    submission of this mail. Error reference number = 5087334.'<o:p></o:p>

reference number changes to correspond to the message it's attempting to send.

I don't use Unified messaging but the two services no longer start either. Not sure if related.

I thought I'd try a reboot of the exchange server when I did the database came back dirty so I have to go to a replicated copy to get exchange back up and running and mount the database. Now I'm running and will probably attempt reboot again after hours, a windows server backup is running now too, my primary backup is veeam backup.

Additional:

OWA has same behavior, I can send small attachments less than 32k but no larger.

Friday, February 19, 2016 6:29 PM

Answers

• I found my issue, when cleaning up my new installation I removed the drive frmm the VM that contained my tmp and temp file locations.
    Friday, February 19, 2016 7:27 PM