Monitoring report: Media Line (Applicaiton Sharing) Applied Bandwidth limit and source RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone confirm my thinking in that if the following readings show in Monitoring report the client is the limitation?

Applied bandwidth Limit: 15 Kbps

Applied bandwidth Source:  APIModality

This was a screen sharing session between 2 users.

Conferencing Policies are at default of 50000 Kb.

Both users are hardwired on internal network.

Thanks.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 4:26 PM

All replies

• Hi BiggJake,

AppliedBandwidthLimit -- This is actual bandwidth applied to the given send side stream given various policy settings (TURN, API, SDP, Policy Server, and so on). This is not to be confused with the effective bandwidth because there can be a lower effective bandwidth based on the bandwidth estimate. This is basically the maximum bandwidth the send stream can take barring limits imposed by the bandwidth estimate.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj721928.aspx

Best Regards,
    Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by jim-xu Tuesday, June 6, 2017 6:33 AM
    Tuesday, June 6, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

I know some time has passed since this question was raised, but I'm wondering if you managed to determine if this was the cause of an issue?

I'm investigating some issues had by staff working externally and was wondering why a limit of 15Kbps for screen sharing would be applied, could it be set to allow more bandwidth, and would this help at all?

15Kbps does not sound like a lot for bandwidth.

In the call detail report in question I am seeing:-

Then further down:-

What is always helpful is that the user is happy to point out that 'normal Skype' seems to work much better!

Thanks,

Stephen

• Edited by steveredman Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:58 PM
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 12:54 PM