Vista, ACPI problem. RRS feed

• Question

• When i attempt to install my vista over my Windows XP i run into a message that says.

This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer.

I have looked around and updated my BIOS but it still gives me this message. I really need help on this one. PLZ HURRY!
    Sunday, March 11, 2007 10:40 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem with an ASUS A8V deluxe motherboard.  The Vista advisor said mo problems.  I but the product and then it won't load with this message.  Thanks Microsoft.
    Monday, March 19, 2007 6:38 PM
  • bsod when trying to install booting from the dvd.

stop 0x000000a5 (0x00000011,0x00000007,0xffd0d010, 0x0100000e)

my bios is not full acpi compatibile.try an updated bios.the problem is that toshiba, i think, will never release a new bios for my laptop. it is not so old. P4 2,4ghz 1Gb of RAM. it must be enought for an OS otherwise i don't know how micorsoft think to create their product. PS linux works really fine on this pc.

pps. i've put on my laptop a new hdd (60 GB) for trying to install vista business edition (original - no crack or other thing)

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 10:30 PM
  • I get the same message and what really sucks is that Vista is billed by MS as "all PC will be able to run the core experience of Vista", yeah right!!

Has anyone found a way to get past this yet?

Thursday, August 9, 2007 4:37 AM