none
Changing default booking type RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

We have a need to change the default booking type for all new enterprise resources coming in from "Commited" to "Proposed". If there is a setting, I can't find it.

Does anyone know of a way?

Thank you,

Jack

Thanks, Jack

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:07 PM

Answers

• Jack --

Let's simplify this process a bit.  Why don't you create a custom Resource Center view that is accessible only to Administrators.  In this view, include the Booking Type column as one of the columns in the view.  In the view, include a filter that displays only resources whose Booking Type value is Proposed.  On a regular basis, apply this view and look for exceptions to your rule.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JackGregory Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:00 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:06 PM

All replies

• Jack --

You can select the resources on the Resource Center page and then click the Open button in the Resources ribbon to open the Enterprise Resource Pool in Microsoft Project Professional.  In the Resource Sheet view in Project Pro, temporarily insert the Booking Type column.  Make the changes as needed, then save and close the Enterprise Resource Pool.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:36 PM
  • Hello Dale,

Thank you for the reply.

This is what I did for the existing users. My concern is that our Resource Pool is synchronized through AD sync and I may not know of any future users who might be added and will need to be adjusted. I guess I will just have to monitor and adjust manually.

Thank you again for your reply.

Jack

Thanks, Jack

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:45 PM
  • Jack --

Let's simplify this process a bit.  Why don't you create a custom Resource Center view that is accessible only to Administrators.  In this view, include the Booking Type column as one of the columns in the view.  In the view, include a filter that displays only resources whose Booking Type value is Proposed.  On a regular basis, apply this view and look for exceptions to your rule.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

• Marked as answer by JackGregory Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:00 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2016 11:06 PM
  • Thanks again Dale.

Thanks, Jack

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 5:53 PM
  • Jack --

If one of my replies answered your original question, would you please mark my reply as the answer?  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:44 PM