SFB Online users are not able to do P2P file transfer with other On-Prem Federated users RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

We have a Hybrid scenario (LYNC 2013 on-prem and SFB Online ). We have blocked file transfer on our On-Prem edge servers. we have few test users in SFB Online. Those few test Online users are not able to do file transfer with other On-Prem federated users ( other features work fine ). for these same online users file transfer with other federated online users, it works fine. 

My question is:

1. does this depend on the our On-Prem edge file transfer configuration ( since it is hybrid )?

2. if so, does that also mean that if my on-prem edge is down, our online users not able to use any features with federated users?

Any pointers are highly appreciated. 

Thursday, May 4, 2017 6:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Veera Shekki,

Based on my understanding, if you want online users file transfer with other federated users who homed on SFB on premise, you need to enable file transfer for Edge server on premise, because Edge server is the required component for federation.

The following blog is for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj205126.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, May 8, 2017 9:18 AM
    Friday, May 5, 2017 8:43 AM