Exchange 2003 to 2010 Cross forest migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

im doing 2003 to 2008 r2 AD cross forest migration and 2003 to 2010 Exchange , all is working fine only by mistake we deleted one account from the old forest now he can't receive emails from internet as there is a mail gateway rejecting the messages, also i migrated the user back to old forest using ADMT tool but still not working

thanks

Tarek Khairy

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 9:01 AM

Answers

• Hi all,

im doing 2003 to 2008 r2 AD cross forest migration and 2003 to 2010 Exchange , all is working fine only by mistake we deleted one account from the old forest now he can't receive emails from internet as there is a mail gateway rejecting the messages, also i migrated the user back to old forest using ADMT tool but still not working

thanks

Tarek Khairy

Hi,
    What you need to do is to mailenable the new user account in the Source Domain.

Give the user an External Emailaddress based on the TargetDeliveryDomain you used when you migrated the mailboxe with New-Moverequest and also a secondary proxyaddress that should be the old primarysmtpaddress this users had in the Source Domain.

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:07 PM

All replies

• What happens when you assign new mailbox to the user? Does that works?

POST THE NDR.

Gulab Prasad,
    gulab@exchangeranger.com
    My Blog | Z-Hire Employee Provisioning App

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 6:00 PM
  • Hi all,

thanks

Tarek Khairy

Hi,
    What you need to do is to mailenable the new user account in the Source Domain.

Give the user an External Emailaddress based on the TargetDeliveryDomain you used when you migrated the mailboxe with New-Moverequest and also a secondary proxyaddress that should be the old primarysmtpaddress this users had in the Source Domain.

Martina Miskovic

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 8:07 PM
  • If the issue continues, please provide the exact message of NDR message you received. Thanks.

Fiona Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 8:07 AM