none
Network Interface goes missing. Windows 2012R2

Question

• I have two Windows 2012 R2 HyperV servers setup in a cluster. I have two Virtual Network adapters setup with four vms bound to each virtual interface. For an unknown reason one of the networks becomes lost and I have to switch adapters to get the vms back on the network.

I have updated to the latest nic driver and installed all Microsoft Updates, checked all cables and switches. Everything looks good. Any help would be greatly appreciated. A reboot of the HyperVisor does resolve the problem but it comes back randomly.

I have the following error in event log:Event ID 1130

Cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' is down. None of the available nodes can communicate using this network. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

ID 1126 Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering

Cluster network interface 'server - vEthernet (Virtual Network #2)' for cluster node 'server' on network 'Cluster Network 4' is unreachable by at least one other cluster node attached to the network. The failover cluster was not able to determine the location of the failure. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

ID 1129

Cluster network 'Cluster Network 4' is partitioned. Some attached failover cluster nodes cannot communicate with each other over the network. The failover cluster was not able to determine the location of the failure. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

ID 1127

Cluster network interface '%1' for cluster node '%2' on network '%3' failed. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapter. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:25 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

>>A reboot of the HyperVisor does resolve the problem but it comes back randomly.

>>For an unknown reason one of the networks becomes lost and I have to switch adapters to get the vms back on the network.

Based on my experience , I'd suggest you check if "power management " feature was enabled on physical NIC .

If yes , please disable it .

Also, please disable some advanced feature for troubleshooting (such as , offloading and VMQ ).

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 18, 2017 7:10 AM
  • Thank you for the reply. Power Management was enabled on the network adapters and now has been disabled.
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 1:50 PM
  • Hi Sir,

Is there any progress ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 2:49 AM