A/V Edge Metrics not getting displayed in Performance Counters RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

A/V Edge Metrics are not getting displayed in Performance Counters even after deployment of Edge Pool.

Operating System : 2016 & 2019.

Performance Monitor Category :

1. LS:A/V Edge - UDP Counters

2. LS:A/V Edge - TCP Counters

Restarted the machine and rebuilt the counters but no success.

Please suggest.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 4:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does Edge metrics display as blank only?

Based on my research, it would probably be a firework issue, please check the configuration on the firewall and make it available to send data. Also, please restart Windows Services to have a test.

And I found some articles regarding recovering performance counters would be as the reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/300956/how-to-manually-rebuild-performance-counter-library-values

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/application-insights/app-insights-performance-counters

By the way, for detecting the performance of SFB servers, we would suggest you check the “Server Performance Report” after enabling Monitoring reports in Skype for Business Server.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Calvin-Liu Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:41 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:35 AM
  • Thanks Calvin but nothing worked.

I can see that A/V Edge service is configured & enabled successfully in Topology Builder.

But I dont see this A/V Edge Service in services.msc, all other Skype services can be seen e.g. Web Conferencing, Front-End etc.

What steps I need to do.

Friday, November 30, 2018 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

In order to start the SFB services, you could run “Start-CsWindowsService” as Admin in SFB Mgmt Shell.

In addition, you can also open services.msc to check Lync Edge services status, such as Lync Server Access Edge, Lync Server Web Conferencing Edge like the following:

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, December 3, 2018 1:14 PM
  • Hi Calvin,

I am using Skype for Business server 2015, I have all the Skype services getting displayed in services.msc but A/V Edge service ( or Audio/Video Edge service ).

I have the edge pool configured successfully where it shows A/V Edge service is enabled but it is not showing in Windows services just like other Skype services.

Thursday, December 6, 2018 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

Please check your Certificate are assigned correctly using SfB deployment wizard, also check the certificates have the private keys. 

The certificate requirements for Edge should set as follows:

Also check your IP addresses assigned to your NICs match the IP addresses listed in your Topology.

Is your edge server topology replicating correctly so it can pick up any config changes ?

You can check this in SfB control panel under topology and look for green tick.

Or from SfB Management Shell run get-csmanagementstorereplicationstatus and check the edge server status is true and check the last update times. You can also invoke replication using invoke-csmanagementstorereplication

By the way, Please check edge server in the event viewer, is there event log this error listed under applications > lync server?

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Monday, December 10, 2018 9:54 AM
  • I did the same but didn't show that Service.

Can you please share your email Id, I need to send some data for you to review.

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 10:26 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the certificate configuration on your edge server, and also please make sure the following SAN are added. 

Besides, please make sure the following DNS records are created in External DNS as well:

Until the above configuration are well verified, please run "Invoke-CsManagementStoreReplication" as admin in sfb Mgmt Shell.

Please remember to restart the Edge server after that, please feel free to let me know the result then.

By the way, is there any event log error that reported in event viewer of your Edge server?

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

• Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Monday, December 17, 2018 5:54 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2018 8:58 AM