Help.. Audio Problems RRS feed

• Question

• A few weeks ago i noticed that i had no sound coming out of the computer speakers. They are not external speakers, they are built into to my monitor. I already checked all connections and everything seems right. When i look at all settings everything seems fine. I tried connecting headphones to both the front and back audio slots in the computer and I still hear nothing. When i try to play a file from my windows media player, that doesnt work. When i run a test to hear sound coming from speakers i get message "file not found".  I've tried pandora, and nothing will play as well. I keep getting an error message from windows media center when i try playing a file from there as well. I have already tried everything in troubleshooting page, and still don't know what the problem is. I think the problem might be with the software itself. I am running latest service pack from windows of sp2. I don't know what else to do? Any insight or sugestions before i make my way to Geek Squad for desperate help????

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Did you try to install the latest driver from manufacturer's website?

Please go to the Device manager and update the driver for the sound device. Also, please make sure all the updates and drivers for the chipset (motherboard) and BIOS are installed.

Also, please check if the information in the following link helps:

No sound in Windows

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:07 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 7:36 AM