none
Status of Steady State RRS feed

• General discussion

• This forum subject has been available since July - seven months ago, yet I don't see any updated information from Microsoft on the status of Steady State for Windows 7.  What's been done with the info collected?  I work for a large University which is beginning to deploy Windows 7 and we've had to bite the bullet and begin purchasing deepfreeze for our public stations.  I know many other institutions who are beginning to make the transition and the same decision. Any info to fill the vacuum would be appreciated.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 2:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Technorati, I'd like to inform you that there is currently no plan for a Windows 7 compatible version of Windows SteadyState. If there is any official information regarding this, we will post in the forum. Thank you.
    Sean Zhu - MSFT
    Monday, January 25, 2010 2:23 AM
  • Sean, I've seen lots of IT admins of libraries and education organizations requesting support for Win7. And I'm sure there're lots of SteadyState users out there that haven't come around requesting support because they're simply unaware of these forums.

C'mon guys, as a home user, I purchased 5 licences of Win7 Pro to support MS. Show us some love. :P What do we users have to do to make you change your decision?
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 12:15 AM
  • Is this because it is a 64 bit system? Was there a plan for Windows Vista?
    It would be very disappointing if this answer is absolute. Is there anyone we can write to in Microsoft to put forward our urgent need for it if we upgrade to Windows 7?
    Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:43 PM