"Client Push Installation Properties: Client Tab" setting queries RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

Need your help, I am planning to enable client push enable method in my environment. in "Client Push Installation Properties: Client Tab" I define "SMSSITECODE=XYZ SMSCACHESIZE=8192 DISABLECACHEOPT=TRUE". I have few queries on this..

1. "SMSSITECODE=XYZ", what does it indicate? does it indicate that client will be using site XYZ to install client or something else?

2. "SMSCACHESIZE=8192 DISABLECACHEOPT=TRUE" which cache size it shows, client or SCCM server? and what is the default behavior if I don't defined these parameters? appreciate if you could describe more on these parameters..

and what settings are required for admin$ folder?

Thanks..!!

Mandar Murudkar
    • Edited by mandarsccm Friday, January 6, 2012 8:01 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 7:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

1. It means that the client will be assigned to XYZ when the installation of the SCCM client is complete.

2. It is the Client Cache that the SMSCACHESIZE refers to, the default is 5120MB. the DISABLECACHEOPT=TRUE means

"If set to TRUE, disables the ability of end users with administrative credentials on the client computer to change the temporary program download folder settings for the Configuration Manager Client by using Configuration Manager in Control Panel of the client computer."

The complete reference for the command line parameters can be found: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680980.aspx

The account used for Client push must be member of the local administrators group on the client which will grant it full access to the Admin$ share. If you use the SCCM Primary site Computer Account for client push then the AD Computer Account for the SCCM Primary site server must be member of the local administrators group on the clients.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec
    • Proposed as answer by Anoop C NairMVP Friday, January 6, 2012 9:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:56 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

1. It means that the client will be assigned to XYZ when the installation of the SCCM client is complete.

2. It is the Client Cache that the SMSCACHESIZE refers to, the default is 5120MB. the DISABLECACHEOPT=TRUE means

"If set to TRUE, disables the ability of end users with administrative credentials on the client computer to change the temporary program download folder settings for the Configuration Manager Client by using Configuration Manager in Control Panel of the client computer."

The complete reference for the command line parameters can be found: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb680980.aspx

The account used for Client push must be member of the local administrators group on the client which will grant it full access to the Admin$ share. If you use the SCCM Primary site Computer Account for client push then the AD Computer Account for the SCCM Primary site server must be member of the local administrators group on the clients.

Regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec
    • Proposed as answer by Anoop C NairMVP Friday, January 6, 2012 9:07 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Wednesday, January 11, 2012 9:56 AM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Thanks Jorgen.. my queries are solved... I am using AD account with admin rights on local system for client installation..!!
    Mandar Murudkar
    • Edited by mandarsccm Friday, January 6, 2012 8:28 PM
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:28 PM