none
DPM failed to mount the tape in drive Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-6 drive (HUJ5515BAF) for the library Hewlett Packard MSL G3 Series library (x64 based). This is because DPM is not synchronized with the current state of the library. (ID 24077) RRS feed

• Question

• System Center 2012 R2 Data Protection Manager UR9, recently deployed a new Tape Library "Hewlett Packard MSL G3 Series library  (x64 based) (HP_MSL_4048) (Tape Drives: Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-6 drive )". Installed the drivers which were recommended on the HP Site. Reboot DPM Server after attaching the Library, reboot DPM Server after the installation of the drivers, reboot DPM Server once more because I couldn't see the Tape drives in the management tab of the DPM Console (problem resolved).

But still can't take the backups on the tape.....

Rescan, refresh and inventory steps are done a dozen time.

Error: "DPM failed to mount the tape in drive Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-6 drive (HUJ5515BAF) for the library Hewlett Packard MSL G3 Series library  (x64 based). This is because DPM is not synchronized with the current state of the library. (ID 24077)"

Can anyone help me out??

Thursday, May 19, 2016 4:28 AM

All replies

• Have the same problem. But with MSL 2024. I am at war with it for about a week. Please write if you get a fix. Do you have FC connect and virtualized with Hyper-V?
    Update. The problem was in Hyper-V. As a solution - physical DPM server.
    • Edited by DGGHH Friday, May 20, 2016 4:11 PM
    Friday, May 20, 2016 10:47 AM
  • Yes, I have FC connect and virtualized with Hyper-V. But I don't get it if Microsoft has stated that DPM can be on Hyper-V environment..... so what's good in it??

And the issue is still persist.

Monday, May 23, 2016 9:52 AM
  • I am having the stated error on running dpmdrivemappingtool.exe

"Mapping the Drives in the Library <Medium Changer> failed.Error Code is: 0x80070488, Error Message is: The indicated source element has no media."

Friday, June 3, 2016 10:29 AM
  • Did you ever get this working?

Thursday, October 27, 2016 5:09 PM
  • Hi,

I don't believe HP supports that library connected to a Hyper-v Guest.  Please use a physical DPM server if you need to use that tape library with DPM. 

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, October 27, 2016 8:10 PM