none
MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to create a reference WIM image of Windows 8.1. I would like to embed some security updates in the image. How can i do that? In which node i need to add the Updates and how can i use in task sequence. Please help.

Regards,

MTM

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:17 AM

Answers

• Look for this in your task sequence and enable it.

If you need to add something specific like hot-fixes then use Packages, but I'd recommend creating folders for each OS you intend to support and create matching selection profiles. Then update your task sequence to apply the correct packages.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Midhun_mtm Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:38 PM

All replies

• Why not:

1. install the updates directly in the reference image?
    2. Enable in your task sequence: Windows Update http://scriptimus.wordpress.com/2012/03/22/mdt-2012-automating-updates-in-lite-touch-deployments/

To answer your question: That would be the Packages node.

In your task sequence you can add in the Post Install section : from General - Install Updates offline

It uses the All Packages selection profile by default but you can create a more specific selection profile if needed.

Upload your updates to the Packages folder (create a sub folder structure as to reflect processor architecture and OS version if relevant).

Create a Selection profile that contains the Updates you uploaded in the Packages (sub)folders

In your task sequence in Post Install select the correct selection profile

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:57 AM
  • Another idea would be to put in the syntax for your WSUS server in the customsettings.ini if you have a WSUS for your location. It will then connect to it and install the updates. This can be done when you are building your reference VM.
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 3:35 PM
  • Look for this in your task sequence and enable it.

If you need to add something specific like hot-fixes then use Packages, but I'd recommend creating folders for each OS you intend to support and create matching selection profiles. Then update your task sequence to apply the correct packages.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

• Proposed as answer by Dan_Vega Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:38 PM
    • Marked as answer by Midhun_mtm Wednesday, July 16, 2014 8:30 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 8:38 PM