Known Problem Status: Win 7 doesn't handle ASIO audio driver used by both DAW and Media Player RRS feed

• Question

• I checked with the tech experts at my music computer manufacturer ADK before writing this. It is a known problem in Win 7 that if you have a DAW (any top grade software like Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, etc.) correctly working with a high end audio interface (MOTU, etc.) using their ASIO driver, Media Player cannot also use the driver. You have to disable and renable the audio to use Media Player then disable and renable to use the DAW. You can't just use the DAW then play something in Media Player and then work some more in the DAW. When you go to Media Player, it disconnects the driver from the DAW. This did not happen in XP. We could go back and forth without a problem. Everyone I've talked to on the audio music end is aware of this and says there is no fix right now. When is Microsoft going to patch this problem that will allow Media Player to use an audio interface ASIO driver being used by a DAW. Yes, any resident audio interfaces were disabled and the only audio program that shows in Windows audio is the single audio interface. Who can write some code to fix this irritating problem?

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is a driver issue, you need to require a driver update from manufacturer to fix it. Microsoft cannot fix the driver issue provided by a 3rd party.

Juke Chou

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Sunday, May 6, 2012 10:07 AM
    Friday, April 27, 2012 6:21 AM