SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I have activated SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure for a site collection but when creating new sites I have to manualy to to Site Actions> Site Features> Manage Site Features and manually Activate SharePoint Server Publishing Feature for each site.

Is there a way I can enable this for each site automaticaly.

Thanks

Monday, October 24, 2011 2:09 PM

Answers

• Publishing Infrastructure is a site collection feature. For me it sounds as if you are talking about site feature. Here you would mean the Publishing Feature - not the Publishing Infrastructure feature.

You might want to look into feature stapeling to apply a feature to different templates.

Stefan Goßner
    Senior Escalation Engineer - Microsoft CSS
    This post is provided "AS IS" with no warrenties and confers no rights.
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:04 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:03 PM

All replies

• Whether the publishing feature is enabled or not depends on the site template. If you use the PublishingWeb template, then it will be activated. If you use a team site template it will not be activated.

You could create your own site template with the specific settings you need to ensure that the Publishing feature is always activated.

Cheers,
    Stefan

Stefan Goßner
    Monday, October 24, 2011 2:46 PM
  • Hi Thanks for your reply. It does work when we create a site template but its not ideal as we are going to be having different site templates.

Is there not a way to enable this Publishing Infrastructure role for all templates?

Monday, October 24, 2011 3:47 PM
  • Publishing Infrastructure is a site collection feature. For me it sounds as if you are talking about site feature. Here you would mean the Publishing Feature - not the Publishing Infrastructure feature.

You might want to look into feature stapeling to apply a feature to different templates.

Stefan Goßner
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:04 AM
    Monday, October 24, 2011 4:03 PM