none
MAP Toolkit Installation not Detecting Instance of SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to install v7 of the MAP toolkit using an existing SQL 2008 R2 database.

I have created a new Instance called MAPS as required and ensured the Server Collation is set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS.

When I run the MAP setup the Installation Summary si still saying it will install microsoft SQL Server Express LocalDB.

Why is this?  The MAPS instance is running and I can connect to it with SQL Manager so I know the DB is there.  It is on the same server also.

I beleive I have done averything that the FAQ and Getting Started Guide suggests but it still does not work.

Any ideas why this is not working?

Thanks.

Rob

• Edited by Robl123 Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:43 AM
    Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:51 AM

All replies

• Ok.  So it seems that the Guide is maybe slightly misleading.

I decided to install anyway and sure enough it installed the LocalDB as it said it would.

However when the toolkit actually launched and the first screen appeared asking to create a database that is when it detects the MAPS instance that I had created in SQL.

So basically it installed the LocalDB without needing to but at least I now have it working in SQL as I wanted!!

Rob

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:14 AM
  • Yes, SQL Server 2012 Express LocalDB will always be installed, but if MAP detects a MAPS instance of SQL Server on the machine, it will use that by default. But you still have access to LocalDB and can switch back and forth between them.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:22 PM