none
Edit text in mail flow rule

Question

• Hi,

I made rule in mail flow that reject the message with the explanation so my question is, is it possbile to edit text in "specify rejection reason" for example bold text or to put empty row before text? I tried to write html code but it is not recognizable.

Tom

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:05 PM

All replies

• You say "made rule in mail flow" - do you mean you made a transport rule?  If so, I'm pretty sure the rejection message is sent in plain text.  No embellishments are available in plain text, but you might try a "`n" (that's a back-tick - normally below the tilde in the keyboard) to put an empty line into your text string.  If you try it from a PowerShell prompt, it should show you exactly what the end message should look like, such as:

"`nThis text will start below an empty line.`nAnd this will be on the line after that."

This should return:

<empty line>
    This text will start below an empty line.
    And this will be on the line after that.

Let us know if this works for you.

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:52 PM
  • I just ran this, and here was my output:

PS C:\Users\willsaccount> "`nThis text will start below an empty line.`nAnd this will be on th
    e line after that."

This text will start below an empty line.
    And this will be on the line after that.
    PS C:\Users\willsaccount>

Will Martin ...
    -join ('77696c6c406d617274696e2d66616d696c6965732e6f7267' -split '(?<=\G.{2})' | ? { $_ } | % { [char][int]"0x$_" })

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 1:54 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, we can. You can custom the system message with the command New-SystemMessage.

Please refer to my case:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/307ed51a-fe00-45aa-ad3b-6f7c7e49be00/newsystemmessage?forum=exchangesvradmin

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:20 AM