Change Request - Status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi - When you create a new Change Request you can see the Status as New at the top left hand of form. In the Library I have added a few custom Change Status's such as "User Feedback". When I create a new Change Request and in the Tasks panel I can see :

Cancel

Close

Put on Hold

Resume

If I wanted to edit a Change Request (Statsu = New) and change the Status from "New" to "User Feedback" (as I wanted to create a workflow to to send an email notification to the Requestor that Feedback is required to action the Request). So how can I change the "New" Status to "User Feedback" to get my workflow to work correctly. If I cant user this item (User Feedback) from the Change Status library what is the point in being able to add items to this in the Library? 

Thanks

Monday, November 22, 2010 4:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As I know, Change request's status will change if you update Activity. I thinks need using workflow to monitor Change request's status.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Sandra Quinn Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:59 PM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As I know, Change request's status will change if you update Activity. I thinks need using workflow to monitor Change request's status.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Sandra Quinn Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:59 PM
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 6:36 AM
  • Thanks AL. I have now created workflows based on when Status is updated for various scenario's and they are working and email notifications being correctly sent depending on Status of Request. I have also been told that we can customise our Tasks panel to add other tasks for task that are frequently used. Meanwhil ethe worflows are working fine.
    Thursday, November 25, 2010 11:59 PM