Touchpad issues RRS feed

• Question

• I don't know how I did it but I locked my touchpad. I don't know how to "un-lock" it. It is a cool feature though as it has always been a complaint of mine that my touchpad was too sensitive.  Which is issue two: adjusting the sensitivity of my touchpad.

Any advice about how to lock and unlock the touchpad?

Any advice about how adjust sensitivity of the touchpad?

I have an HP Pavilion with Windows 7

Monday, September 12, 2011 3:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• The software driver for the touchpad will depend on the exact manufacturer of your touchpad.  This is not a standard Microsoft Windows feature.  You need to either read your Owner Manual or contact HP Technical Support for assistance with this issue.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Proposed as answer by zhen tan Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:13 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 5:18 PM
  • On HP laptops in particular, it seems several touchpad and special keyboard function keys can be solved by shutting down, removing the battery AND AC adaptor plug from the laptop, pressing the power on button several times, then reinstall the battery, AC adaptor plug, and restart the machine.

Apparently these functions are kept in an area of memory that is kept alive by battery power, and once you perform the steps outlined abouve, that memory is cleared and function returns to normal.

If that doesn't solve it, it has benefit nonetheless, that should ALWAYS be the first thing you try on HP laptops before begining any other more detailed troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.  Post back, and if need be, we'll continue trying to find a solution.

DAS

Monday, September 12, 2011 6:49 PM
  • See if anything in how to disable HP touchpad helps.

Jerry

• Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, September 23, 2011 9:20 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2011 11:18 PM
  • Hi,

At first, please make sure this device wasn’t disabled. You could check it in Device Manager:

1.       Click Start button, select Control Panel.

2.       Click Device Manager, then find the device in Device Manager.

3.       Check whether this device is disabled. If so, right click the device and chose “Enable”.

If the device has already enabled,  but doesn’t work properly. Please upgrade the driver to the latest version. Then check the issue again.

Also, as Rick said:

“The software driver for the touchpad will depend on the exact manufacturer of your touchpad.  This is not a standard Microsoft Windows feature.  You need to either read your Owner Manual or contact HP Technical Support for assistance with this issue.”

You may contact the manufacturer to check issue.

If you have further question about this issue, please don’t hesitate and let me know.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, September 23, 2011 6:29 AM