Error Manually Reinstalling Intune Client On End Point RRS feed

• Question

• Evening

We have a couple of endpoints where we have to reinstall the Intune agent on, I can remove the agent from the endpoint no problem, then remove any unwanted folders from the uninstallation including regkeys. Reboot the endpoint and try to reinstall the Intune agent, each end errors with the following:

The clock on the client computer is not set to the correct time, 0x80cf0437

The time and timezone are correct, the installation files are from the Intune webportal

Any Ideas?

Stu

Monday, October 10, 2016 8:51 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have test on one Win10 PC (version 1507) of my Intune lab. Successfully uninstall the Intune Client using the command line: ProvisioningUtil.exe /UninstallClient /ServiceId {GUID} /TaskName “tempTask” /SubEventId 16.

After rebooting the computer, I re-installed the Intune agent manually using the software downloaded from Intune Admin console, also succeeded without any error message. Wait for a while the new Intune agent appeared on my computer and I can open it without any issue.

So seem that there's no need to remove any unwanted folders from the uninstallation including regkeys as you said. Have you checked the Enrollment.log on your devices to make sure the uninstallation is successful? Also, why not just retire the device on the Intune Admin Console and then install the Intune agent again?

Best regards,

Jimmy 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

>>"The clock on the client computer is not set to the correct time, 0x80cf0437"

Please make sure the clock and time zone on the client computers are correctly.

Also, how did you uninstall the Intune client agent? Have you tried to use the following command line to remove the Intune Software Client?

Open a command prompt in administrator mode.

Go to the folder %programfiles%\Microsoft\OnlineManagement\Common

Run the following command ProvisioningUtil.exe /UninstallAgents /MicrosoftIntune

Best regards,

Jimmy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Hi There

I remove the agent from the Endpoint using

ProvisioningUtil.exe /UninstallClient /ServiceId {GUID} /TaskName “tempTask” /SubEventId 16

The agent is removed correctly, I just cannot get the agent to reinstall, the time and time zone are correct.

This is the screenshot from Intune

Tuesday, October 11, 2016 12:33 PM
  • Hi,

I have test on one Win10 PC (version 1507) of my Intune lab. Successfully uninstall the Intune Client using the command line: ProvisioningUtil.exe /UninstallClient /ServiceId {GUID} /TaskName “tempTask” /SubEventId 16.

After rebooting the computer, I re-installed the Intune agent manually using the software downloaded from Intune Admin console, also succeeded without any error message. Wait for a while the new Intune agent appeared on my computer and I can open it without any issue.

So seem that there's no need to remove any unwanted folders from the uninstallation including regkeys as you said. Have you checked the Enrollment.log on your devices to make sure the uninstallation is successful? Also, why not just retire the device on the Intune Admin Console and then install the Intune agent again?

Best regards,

Jimmy 

Friday, October 14, 2016 7:55 AM