none
Change Default Transport Service Receive Connector on 2525 tcp

Question

• Is it possible to change this tcp port to another number? I mean, without breaking something?

currently Migrating from Exchange 2010 and customer already used that port number for another receive connector, so now I can not enable both receive connectors at the same time...

Many thanks.

Monday, June 13, 2016 8:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• I would change the other receive connector's port number.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 1:49 AM
  • Hi,

Exchange server will create some default connector to responsible mail flow, one of this is Default <ServerName> which is used to accept authenticated connections from mailbox server and Edge server, and use port 2525. You can run Get-ReceiveConnector to check, for your reference: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996395(v=exchg.150).aspx

Moreover, here's a blog about Exchange 2013 Mail Flow Demystified:
    https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/rischwen/2013/03/13/exchange-2013-mail-flow-demystifiedhopefully/

We do not recommend to modify the port for that connector, however we can change new connector's port as Ed mentioned. Please ensure the port which you used is open between server and firewall.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 14, 2016 8:30 AM
  • Hi,

So it seems Exchange guys did not think the possibility that some customer already used that tcp port was in fact real.

Will have to analyze the impact of changing a receive connector that the company is using for years, many thanks for your time.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 1:02 AM