none
Project won't remember SharePoint sync information RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Plan that I want to sync to a SharePoint list, and I want it to be permanently bound to this list.  In other words, I want make changes in Project, push a button, and the information is in my list.  I also want to make changes in the list, push a button, and have the information show up in my Plan.

As long as I don't close Project, syncing works just as I expect.  However, if I close Project, and reopen the same Plan, it is no longer bound to the list.  How do I convince Project that my Plan and SharePoint list should sync together for all time?

Here are the steps that actually occur:

A1. In Project, Click "Save As"

A2. Click "Sync with SharePoint"

A3. Point to my list

A4. Click "Save"

A5. Receive this message: " The Tasks List was last synced to a different project. If you continue, the tasks in the SharePoint list will be added to the end of the project.". Dismiss the message.

A6. SharePoint List is synced with the Plan.

A7. In Project, save the Plan.

A8. Close Project.

A9. Open the same Plan.

A10. The Plan has lost the information for the SharePoint Site.  Therefore: repeat steps A1-A6.

Here are the steps that I expect to happen:

E1. In Project, Click "Save As"

E2. Click "Sync with SharePoint"

E3. Point to my list

E4. Click "Save"

E5. Receive this message: " The Tasks List was last synced to a different project. If you continue, the tasks in the SharePoint list will be added to the end of the project.". Dismiss the message.

E6. SharePoint List is synced with the Plan.

E7. In Project, save the Plan.

E8. Close Project.

E9. Open the same Plan.

E10. The Plan remembers the list from step E3.  Now I just have to click the button from step E4.

Maurice Jones

Monday, June 8, 2015 2:56 PM