Proclarity Web Pro and Proclarity Desktop Pro not possible on same box? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there,

I am trying to install Proclarity Desktop Professional 6.3 on an machine which also contains Proclarity Web Professional 6.3. When I try to do this I got the error:

"An earlier version of this product found:

- Proclarity Web Professional 6.3

You must remove this product before continuing. Would you like to remove it now?"

However, I also got teh BI VPC from Microsoft and on that machine the Desktop Professional is installed together with Web Professional.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can install both on the same box?

Thanks,

Chris.

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 11:32 AM

Answers

• I suppose it is possible - but, I've never seen it.  How do you know both are installed?  There is a trick to put a link to start the Web Pro from a shortcut on the user's Desktop.  Is that what you're seeing?  Or, are both products listed in the Add/Remove Programs area?

Let us know what your end goal is we might want to uninstall all Pro and reinstall.

-Joey

Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:46 PM

All replies

• Chris,

ProClarity Web and Desktop Pro cannot be installed on the same box at the same time.  If choosing between the two, you can install Desktop Pro and it will automatically act as Web Pro when selected from the PAS web page.

-Joey

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 4:38 PM
  • Hey Joey,

Thanks for your reply.

Do you know how it's possible that both products are on the BI VPC?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Cheers,

Chris. 

Thursday, September 4, 2008 8:50 AM
  • I suppose it is possible - but, I've never seen it.  How do you know both are installed?  There is a trick to put a link to start the Web Pro from a shortcut on the user's Desktop.  Is that what you're seeing?  Or, are both products listed in the Add/Remove Programs area?

Let us know what your end goal is we might want to uninstall all Pro and reinstall.

-Joey

Thursday, September 4, 2008 10:46 PM
  • Hi Joey,

Thanks for your reply. My assumption was that both are installed on the BI VPC, because when you look under Programs > Proclarity, then I see Proclarity Web and Proclarity Dashboard Professional. However, when I take a look under "Add/Remove Programs" I don't see Proclarity Web Professional, only the Proclarity Dektop Professional.

The link of Proclarity Web simply points to the url of PAS.

The end goal is to create a demonstration VPC for our clients with our own solution (not AdventureWorks).

Is the functionality between Web and Desktop version exactly the same? I like the "Back"-functionality in the Desktop Professional, because the built-in reports of PerformancePoint don't seem to support that well (I think because of the Ajax technology which doesn't refresh the page so web browser is not aware of it).

Thanks,

Chris.

Friday, September 5, 2008 8:59 AM
  • Hi Chris,

The ProClarity Web menu item (Start / Programs / ProClarity) is simply a shortcut to the PAS URL.  If Web Pro is installed it will indeed appear in Add / Remove Programs list. 

Regarding your functionality question; yes, the functionality is exactly the same between the two clients (Desktop and Pro).  The only difference is the manner in which they are launched.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Amanda

Friday, September 5, 2008 4:25 PM

• Hi,

I have installed Desktop pro,but the Web pro does not appear in the Add/Remove programs.
    Can you help me on this?

Regards,
    Kailash
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 5:24 AM
  • Hi Kailish,

It seems that Desktop Pro and Web Pro can't be installed on the same box. However the functionality is the same (is mentioned in previous posts of this thread), so there should not be a need to have both.

Cheers,

Chris.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:38 AM