simultaneous ring not working RRS feed

• Question

• we have Skype for Business 2015 servers. Some of users are complaining that simultaneous ringing is not working. However call forwarding is working fine for same number. I collected client logs and found : SIP/2.0 409 Conflict

Can someone guide me how to troubleshoot it further?

Thursday, December 22, 2016 12:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Striker,

The provided information (SIP/2.0 409 Conflict)  is not enough to troubleshoot the issue further.

I suggest to check the logs for that particular call flow and understand each line from snooper.

Analyze, whether the same error for all the users.

Check which meditation/Front end he connected and validate the logs from that med/FE.

Monitoring reports would provide you exact information about how many users affected from throughout the organization. and might also provide the information about if any one mediation server (if it is in a pool) has issue.

In short,  1) Analyze the client logs from snooper 2) check the monitoring reports if more users affected to figure out any uniqueness in the error 3)analyze server(FE/Med) event logs to find out any drops to gateway.

If all above are fine then you might need to proceed to check the logs from gateways.

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, December 23, 2016 3:16 AM
    Thursday, December 22, 2016 1:08 PM
  • Thanks Muralidharan for your resposne. Can you please guide me which monitoring reports I need to check ? I am not able to find any report related to simultaneously ringing or call forwarding? 
    Friday, December 23, 2016 7:02 AM
  • Hi Striker 11,

Did the issue happen to all users in your environment?

For SFB monitor report, you could use CDR(call detail report), Call detail recording (CDR) records usage and diagnostic information about peer-to-peer activities, including instance messaging, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls, application sharing, file transfer, and meetings, for more details, please refer to the following document:
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj688079.aspx

According to this error message, please check the configuration of simultaneously ring of SFB, please refer to:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Call-forward-and-simultaneously-ring-aa06480f-62f1-4d1f-956b-a5d1a8fafa2f

Moreover, you could use SFB debugging tool and then check if there are any errors
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47263

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 23, 2016 8:09 AM
  • Could you please confirm what you are using in between any GW /sbc or something?

Friday, December 23, 2016 9:27 AM
  • Its not separate report for simultaneous ring,

When you search for the particular user activity you might find the particular call which has affected. Once you click the error (actually a error number you could see), you will be redirected to a page which provide the number of users affected in each day basis(for a week).

- Muralidharan. Please mark as answer/useful if my contribution helps you.

Friday, December 23, 2016 1:31 PM