AD RMS User License Expiration does not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i created a RMS template in our AD RMS Environment, with the Setting "User License Expiration - 1 day". So, i thought that the protected file (in this case a Word document) is available for 1 day, after the Client contacted RMS Server. This file is then also "offline" available.

But after 1 day/24 hours is the file still available. I want to create the template that the protected file is no more available after 1 day. But the User should be able to open this file also "offline".

My question is which Setting i have to set that the file cannot be open after 1 day? Is it possible that i have to set a value in the database?! Thanks for responding. 

Thursday, January 29, 2015 1:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I dont think that that is possible. On one hand you want that users can still access the file and on the other hand you do not want that. Btw from your screenshot setting the use license to max 1 day means a user needs to get a new use license after one day and for that he/she has to be authenticated again. But it is not the expiration of the content. For the content expiration it does not matter if you are online or offline.

Those settings are embedded in the document and once the template is applied you can only change it in the document but not in the database.

Hope that helps,

Lutz

Sunday, February 1, 2015 6:12 AM
  • Perhaps ist not clear what i mean. I want create a template with the Setting, that the user have to authenticate again after 1 day. During 1 day, the user can also work with this document offline, but after 1 day/24 hours the document should request a new license.

But in my Case (screenshot above), the user is furthermore able to open the document after 1 day. The user opened the document, after this Action i disconnected the PC from LAN, but after 1 day/24 hours its possible to open the document. What is wrong with my Settings?!

Thanks.

Best regards

Sebastian

Tuesday, February 3, 2015 5:59 PM
  • Hi Amig@. Please note that if the user that is opening the file is also the author then the expriration does not apply. The owner always retains permissions over the file

// Raúl - I love this game

Monday, February 23, 2015 8:17 AM