none
Puzzler - Restored SBS2011 - AD is running but I cant log in!

Question

• I have a single SBS 2011 server that recently got cryptolockered. I have restored it successfully, I can access share if I use the correct credentials, c$, d$, admin$ & ipc$ are all accessible. netlogon is shared but I cant open it. Exchange isnt running. I can export ad users via ldifde and can create a new user. DNS is running and most srv records are ok although two ldap domain guid entries are missing.

Here is the real problem, when I try to log in to the console I get "incorrect password". Its not incorrect, I can use it to connect to the shares and if I type it in to the user box I can see its not mashing the characters.

Any thoughts?

I can get in to safe mode & DS Restore mode ok, I can also run a command line via our remote management tool.

Thanks

Peter

Saturday, November 17, 2018 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>when I try to log in to the console I get "incorrect password"
    If possible, try to manually change/reset the account password, log off and re-log in to check the result. 

Please remember to back up system and important data before any change. It would be helpful for restoring and undo the change.

Besides, please open CMD and run “DCDiag” to check DC health. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 19, 2018 7:35 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 21, 2018 3:02 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, November 23, 2018 6:04 AM