Complex problem incl. taskbar glitches RRS feed

• Question

• Every user that is not the first to log on my computer suffers the following problems:

1.Icons of the opening windows do not appear on the taskbar.
    2.The blue circle near the arrow in the mouse pointer that is switched on while the computer is busy won't move.
    3.Opening menus are almost transparent.
    4.When the Task Manager is opened, it consumes enormous amount of processor time (up to 45% against about 2% while functioning normally). My CPU is Pentium IV 3.2 GHz. RAM usage is normal (about 30% from 3 Gb).

These errors occur any time when the following actions are taken after the computer boots up (in the specified order):

1.Any user logs in locally.
    2.The user switches out or logs off.
    3.Other users log in.

All the users except the first one will suffer these glitches. If the first user switches out without logging off, he'll be able to continue his session without any problems. However, if he logs off and than back on, the glitches will occur as well. They happen even if all users log off and there is only one logged-in user.

This issue started happening as soon as I installed SP1 using Microsoft Update. My OS is Windows Vista Business.

I've tried to follow the advice given on this forum to everyone reporting similar errors, tried using Taskbar Repair Tool Plus! but anything wouldn't help. It seems that the problems is not only with taskbar.

If anyone knows what I should do, please answer. Thanks for help.
    Monday, May 19, 2008 8:52 PM