Get IT people only in 'Assigned to' field when i create an incident RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Fisrt, sorry for my english!

I would like to get only mi IT guys in the "Assigned To" filed when i create an incident

Currently i have all my AD users

in this capture, i chose SAP for my support group and i would like when i'm looking for assigned the user to get only my SAP guys

For example

Level 1 => Mister A, mister B ...

Level 2 => Mister C, mister D

SAP => Mister X, Mister Y

Thank you

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that you're a potential client of Cireson. Come here to see the app. Regards to Rob Ford :)

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:   

• Edited by Marat Kuanyshev Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by Alex Y Lyon Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:58 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2013 2:43 PM
  • Ok thks

Seems very good

but i hoped something free in SCSM because it is already expensive! i don't know if my compagny can buy this kind of product

have you an idea of the price of this feature?

ty

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 3:31 PM
  • Dear Alex,

Cireson people have to "feed their families" despite the fact that System Center is expensive. However, you can make a solution by yourself. The best way is creating a custom WPF control that will link the value from Tier List Picker and the custom control's list of values. It sounds easy but is not so easy to realize. But possible.

Cheers,
    Marat
    Site: www.scutils.com  Twitter:   LinkedIn:   Facebook:   

Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:46 PM
  • Hi Alex

You can also make use of the Global Operators Group to restrict the "Assigned To" field to a subset of users (see http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager/archive/2012/12/14/faq-why-does-it-take-so-long-to-find-users-in-the-assigned-to-and-primary-owner-fields.aspx).

Maybe this helps. However it still won't allow you to assign analysts based on their associated Support Groups. But at least you can restrict the field to a subset of users so you don't see all your AD users.

Cheers,

Stefan

• Marked as answer by Alex Y Lyon Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:58 AM
    Thursday, November 21, 2013 10:06 AM
  • Hi

I saw this choice yesterday after my answer

it fix my problem to 95%!! its cool!

Thks

Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:58 AM