Setting a custom lookup field using designer workflow error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Project Server 2013 with a SharePoint workflow. What I am trying to do is to set the value of a custom field that reads its values from a lookup table (this field will show users as options to select from). In the SharePoint workflow, there is an option to set a project field and I am using it. I selected this action and I have selected my field "Name" as the project field and a workflow lookup value as the value that will be assigned.

My problem is that when I publish the workflow and start it, it will suspend in this stage with the following message:

" Details: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the workflow instance. Exception details: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: Input at Microsoft.Activities.Hosting.Runtime.Subroutine.SubroutineChild.Execute(CodeActivityContext context) at System.Activities.CodeActivity.InternalExecute(ActivityInstance instance, ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager) at System.Activities.Runtime.ActivityExecutor.ExecuteActivityWorkItem.ExecuteBody(ActivityExecutor executor, BookmarkManager bookmarkManager, Location resultLocation)"

As you know, there are two options to assign a value to a custom lookup filed, one is to select a value from a drop down (shows the lookup table values) and the other is to use a workflow lookup value. When I select a value from the drop down, the workflow works perfectly but when I use the workflow lookup value it gives me this error.

I would like to understand why I am receving a null error when I am assigning a value using the  approach.

Thank you in advance for your support.

Mark as answer if it was an answer for you question.. Please don't hesitate to ask for any further help..

Tuesday, December 4, 2018 10:45 AM