none
SharePoint Online: New Experience and required fields

Question

• I am testing the New Experience look feel for a few user and so far, I like it with two exceptions:

• When uploading documents to a library with required columns, I miss the full page and/or dialog window appearing allowing users to easily add the required properties.  The information panel does not work well due to a long list of options for some of the required fields.  I know I can click the Edit all link to open the properties in a page.  Is there a way to set that as default so users do not have to click the Edit all link?

• Libraries with Document sets do not display the new experience look/feel. This leads to an inconsistent experience - particularly for new users.  Any hope on the horizon that document sets will show the new experience?

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016 7:13 PM

Answers

• Hi Julie,

#1. There is no OOB way to make users no to click Edit All in that scenario.

As a workaround, you can use JavaScript to add a button on the library page which can be used to open the edit properties page for the selected item.

#2. For now, document set does not use the new experience.

In my personal opinion, the new experience is a new feature in SharePoint online, it is seeking improvement based on users’ experience.

Best Regards,

Victoria 

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:00 AM

All replies

• Hi Julie,

#1. There is no OOB way to make users no to click Edit All in that scenario.

As a workaround, you can use JavaScript to add a button on the library page which can be used to open the edit properties page for the selected item.

#2. For now, document set does not use the new experience.

In my personal opinion, the new experience is a new feature in SharePoint online, it is seeking improvement based on users’ experience.

Best Regards,

Victoria 

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:00 AM
  • Thank you very much.  Until those options are sorted, I may have to revert all users back to the "Classic View."
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 4:12 PM