none
Trouble with, Configure Database Rules in MDT 2012 U1 RRS feed

• Question

• When using the Configure Database Rules wizard none of the changes made stick. I go through the wizard and make the changes that I want then come back to the wizard and everything is selected has before. The CS.ini file never changes and when running through a deployment all of the profiles are gone through causing the deployment to take more time than we want.

I've tried repairing MDT and that did nothing, thought of just editing the CS.ini file but wasn't sure what problems that could cause.  I'd really like to not have to set this up again as we just got it to a place we'd like minus this problem.  Could SQL be the problem?

JM

Friday, May 1, 2015 4:12 PM

Answers

• I've edited the CS.ini file for SQL settings directly on multiple occasions with no issues. 
    • Marked as answer by BFCoIT Friday, May 1, 2015 8:33 PM
    Friday, May 1, 2015 4:57 PM
  • You can edit the ini file directly. Let's say you don't need "CAdmins". Remove it from Priority and then delete the whole [CAdmins] section. Now that's one less thing MDT will process because you didn't need it to.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:49 PM

All replies

• I've edited the CS.ini file for SQL settings directly on multiple occasions with no issues. 
    Friday, May 1, 2015 4:57 PM
  • You can edit the ini file directly. Let's say you don't need "CAdmins". Remove it from Priority and then delete the whole [CAdmins] section. Now that's one less thing MDT will process because you didn't need it to.

If this post is helpful please vote it as Helpful or click Mark for answer.

Friday, May 1, 2015 5:49 PM