none
Exchange Sync Problems with User Accounts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have recently setup project server 2010 and have in the most part the syncing of tasks to Outlook. I have currently got two errors appearing for two users which i have attached below;

ExchangeSyncGeneralProcessingFailure (40512). Details: id='40512' name='ExchangeSyncGeneralProcessingFailure' uid='5a6d31f1-866a-426f-abce-8c93c4677167' teamMemberUid='f8447173-7d99-48c9-a2db-02321e398d0a' exception='System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.ExchangeSync.ExchangeSyncUtil.LoadTaskIdMap(ExchangeSyncDataSet ds) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.ExchangeSync.ExchangeSyncUtil.ProcessDataset(ExchangeSyncDataSet ds, Guid effectiveUserUid) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.ProcessExchangeSyncMessage.UpdateExchange(ExchangeSyncUtil sync, ExchangeSyncDataSet toExchange, Dictionary`2 inProjectServer, List`1 unsyncedTasks, List`1 projectUpdatedTasks, Guid effectiveUserUid) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.ProcessExchangeSyncMessage.ExecuteSync(ExchangeSyncTasks exchangeSyncTasks) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.ProcessExchangeSyncMessage.HandleMessage(Message msg, Group messageGroup, JobTicket jobTicket

I initially had more errors than these but were cleared when i added the impersonation correctly. The two users in question have been granted the impersonation rights the same way as the others.

Any help here would be much appreciated

• Edited by bRaD86 Thursday, October 18, 2012 5:02 AM
    Thursday, October 18, 2012 4:29 AM

All replies

• I recently worked on the similar issue where I was getting the below error in the queue
    General
    ExchangeSync() handle ExchangeSyncStatusingMessage for user (7bf7f997-8abf-4a12-b3bf-8dfebf68c758) queue message caused exception.:
    ExchangeSyncGeneralProcessingFailure (40512). Details: id='40512' name='ExchangeSyncGeneralProcessingFailure' uid='c84b1a1b-502e-4cc3-89d3-462f7fa28b38' teamMemberUid='7bf7f997-8abf-4a12-b3bf-8dfebf68c758' exception='System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.ExchangeSync.ExchangeSyncUtil.LoadTaskIdMap(ExchangeSyncDataSet ds) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.ExchangeSync.ExchangeSyncUtil.ProcessDataset(ExchangeSyncDataSet ds, Guid effectiveUserUid) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.ProcessExchangeSyncMessage.UpdateExchange(ExchangeSyncUtil sync, ExchangeSyncDataSet toExchange, Dictionary`2 inProjectServer, List`1 unsyncedTasks, List`1 projectUpdatedTasks, Guid effectiveUserUid) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.ProcessExchangeSyncMessage.ExecuteSync(ExchangeSyncTasks exchangeSyncTasks) at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.Queue.ProcessExchangeSyncMessage.HandleMessage(Message msg, Group messageGroup, JobTicket jobTicket, MessageContext mContext)'.

I did the below steps to resolve this issue.
    1] Took the team member UID from the error and ran the below query and found the resource name is “XYZ”
    Select res_name from msp_resources where res_uid = ‘7bf7f997-8abf-4a12-b3bf-8dfebf68c758’
    2] Added the status manager column to the project and found the status manager.
    3] In manage users unchecked the “Exchange sync” for the status manager and saved the user.
    4] In manage user checked the “Exchange sync” for the status manager and saved the user.
    5] We have unsubscribed and re-subscribed the exchange synch for the user.
    6] Now the exchange sync started working without getting any errors.

Monday, October 22, 2012 2:33 AM