Adding bulk sites to trusted zone RRS feed

• Question

• Hello 

I have to add around 150 sites as trusted zone, we are aware of the adding to “Site to the zone assignment list” in Administrative Templates and selecting option 2.

is this the only option to add all those sites one by one or do we have any other options as well for bulk addition

Regards

Aamir

NA

Thursday, April 28, 2016 11:28 AM

Answers

• Hello Wendy,

the scripts looks good, however i believe this is to add trusted site in bulk to individual pc, but what i am asking is how to add to all the computers in my environment. eg GPO forces for all the user/computer in environment from DC

Thanks

NA

a possible method, would be to configure a single user/PC, then to use GPP Registry Wizard to collect/import from that user/PC into a GPP-GPO, you can then deploy that GPP-GPO as desired.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

• Proposed as answer by Wendy Jiang Monday, May 9, 2016 7:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, May 9, 2016 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 9:45 PM

All replies

• Hi Aamir,
    In this case, I would suggest you use script to help you finish the task. There is a script which may meet your request  in the following website, please take a look and have a try:
    How to batch add URLs to trusted sites in Internet Explorer
    https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/How-to-batch-add-URLs-to-c8207c23

Regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 29, 2016 6:07 AM
  • Hello Wendy,

the scripts looks good, however i believe this is to add trusted site in bulk to individual pc, but what i am asking is how to add to all the computers in my environment. eg GPO forces for all the user/computer in environment from DC

Thanks

NA

Friday, April 29, 2016 11:09 AM
  • If you are famililar with powershell, you can use
    Set-GPPrefRegistryValue and Set-GPRegistryValue cmdlets to add them to
    an existing GPO (which of course can be created with New-GPO :-))

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 4:09 PM
  • Hello Martin,

thanks for the scripts and look good as well

I am not an expert with PS but manage thing, Could you please eloborate  Set-GPPrefRegistryValue and Set-GPRegistryValue or provide complete script so that i can modify as per my needs .

Edit - Just imagine you have add 150 websites, how will you do it using this cmdlets

thanks once again

Aamir

Tuesday, May 3, 2016 7:12 PM
  • Hello Wendy,

Thanks

NA

a possible method, would be to configure a single user/PC, then to use GPP Registry Wizard to collect/import from that user/PC into a GPP-GPO, you can then deploy that GPP-GPO as desired.

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

• Marked as answer by Yan Li_ Monday, May 9, 2016 9:35 AM
    Tuesday, May 3, 2016 9:45 PM